So, I was on Tinder for a bit. Maybe a month or two. And with dating in general – online swiping or more ‘normal’ kinds – you always run into some fun people. These are people I saw and instantly swiped… that direction you swipe when you don’t want to chat with with. (Swipe left, is bad, right? Why can I never remember?) Or I did meet them in real life and just… No. Or things that I didn’t encounter but would be an instant ‘gtfo’ if I had. Boys, please, keep in mind – this is only my list. Not my full list, probably, but some definite red flags. Other people may have different lists, but here’s mine.
“I Just Can’t” If:
- Your only hobby is “The Gym” (Sorry, bro. I don’t even lift.)
- I have to coach you through every encounter/conversation. (I’m a introvert, but c’mon man, one of us has to carry the conversation.)
- You’re more needy/clingy/insecure than…well…. me.
- You’re a native speaker of English yet your understanding of grammar suggests otherwise.
- You display even the slightest hint of sexism (maybe this should be higher on the list)
- You’re aimless – wanderers exploring wanderlust is one thing, those without goals, no matter how small, is something else entirely.
- You don’t drink or swear (I mean really, as someone who drinks and swears like a sailor, I just don’t think it’s going to work….)
- You try to tell me how to feel or think. I’m indecisive, but no really, I know what I said. And yes, that is what I meant.
- You can’t make decisions. One of us should be decisive and it usually won’t be me. Just pick a damn restaurant, I really don’t care.
Sidenote: I’m also one of those oddball girls who is more attracted to intellect and sense of humor than a lot of things. I’ve dated boys who I thought were cool, but then I can only keep my sarcasm at bay for so long. Eventually I find myself making fun of them and they don’t even realize. At that point I realize it’s probably over.
What would you add to the list? What are your weird deal-breakers?